Spare Parts Puppet Theatre
Spare Parts Puppet Theatre is Australia’s flagship puppetry company and a driving force in the puppetry landscape in Australia since 1981. The artistic vision of Spare Parts is to create masterful inter-generational works for the delight of audiences everywhere. The company has an impressive of history of attracting and producing outstanding talent. The company’s first production was a commission by the prestigious Perth International Arts Festival. Guest artist Noriko Nishimoto, master puppeteer, was brought from Japan to work on the production. She continued to tirelessly support the theatre with her expertise until her death in 2016.
The Spare Parts team is currently directed by the award-winning Artistic Director Philip Mitchell and Associate Director Michael Barlow. The pair oversee the company’s artistic programs which include the development of new works, reimagining and reinvigorating existing works, and the training and development of local, national, and international puppetry artists.
Through its work, Spare Parts continues to stretch and strengthen its reputation for creating highly imaginative, world-class productions that showcase artistic expression and entertain audiences.
Be transported to an inventive and beautifully crafted cityscape as you follow the heartfelt journey of one dog who has touched the hearts of people everywhere
- Dates:July 2-16, Performances 10AM-1PM. No performances Sundays or Public Holidays
- Time(s):Performances 10AM-1PM, with special 6:30PM performances on Friday nights!
- Venue:Spare Parts Puppet Theatre
- Produced By:Spare Parts Puppet Theatre
- Event Venue:Spare Parts Puppet Theatre
- Performing Arts:Theatre,Puppetry
- Accessibility:Wheelchair Access
- Hosted By:Spare Parts Puppet Theatre
- Ticket Price:$25 per ticket, with group booking discounts available