Lectures & Talks in Perth
Perth is home to five universities, countless business, industry, political and community organisations providing access to talks and lectures from learned local and international renowned academics to outrageous hysterics. Until now, the content’s never been easy to find. We are working closely with the universities and other institutions to provide a one-stop shop. Don’t miss your chance to get your content first-hand!
- (08) 9200 5311
Perth Blood Institute regularly hosts "Another Bloody Breakfast!" events to give the community the opportunity to hear from a variety of speakers on topics related to blood disorders.
- Dates:Oct 2
- Other:Lectures & Talks,Author Talks,Health,Well Being
- Event Venue:University Club of Western Australia
- Type:For Charity / Fundraising
For the upcoming breakfast on Fri 2 Oct we have special guest, Professor Catherine Itsiopoulos, speaking on the Health Benefits of a Traditional Mediterranean Diet and Lifestyle.
Professor Catherine Itsiopoulos is Pro Vice Chancellor College of Science, Health, Engineering and Education at Murdoch University. An accredited practising dietitian and a recognised expert in Dietetics, Catherine has international standing as a leader in Mediterranean diet research. She has a particular interest in the Mediterranean diet in the prevention and management of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and diabetes.
Her specific research area of interest in Mediterranean diet studies focuses both on migration impact on diet and lifestyle and chronic disease risk and dietary clinical intervention trials using the traditional Cretan Mediterranean diet as intervention models in the prevention and management of metabolic syndrome, Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, depression and mood disorders.
As well as having the opportunity to hear Catherine speak, you will enjoy a themed breakfast in one of the exclusive dining rooms at the University Club of WA – specially designed for our event by Executive Chef Costa Simatos whose food is influenced by his Greek-Cypriot heritage.
Weekend Bonsai Education opportunity for bonsai enthusiasts of all levels to connect and learn. Learn more and find advice on improving your "living art" bonsai.
- Dates:Oct 3 - 4
- Time(s):9am - 5pm
- Venue:Belmont Sport and Recreation Club
- Hosted By:Bonsai Society of Western Australia
- Venue Address:400 Abernethy Rd Cloverdale
- Ticket Price:$ 120 Weekend $ 80 single day
- Ticket Price FROM:$ 80 single day
- Ticket price TO:$ 120 weekend
- Other:Arts & Crafts,Lectures & Talks,Well Being,Flowers & Gardens
- Art Exhibitions:Other Visual Arts
- (08) 9427 3111
A day of free events including children’s activities, panel discussions, music and conversations centred around the theme "A Better World".
- Dates:Nov 7
- Venue:Perth Cultural Centre
- Festivals:All Festivals
- Hosted By:State Library of Western Australia
- Venue Address:Francis Street and, William St, Northbridge WA 6003
- Ticket Price:Free
- Other:Lectures & Talks,Symposia
It's a good news day, a family day, a day of ideas, music and amazing light projections - and it is FREE.
IT'S DISRUPTED 2020 - A Better World Spend a day with us on SATURDAY 7 NOVEMBER at the Perth Cultural Centre.
Hosted by your State Library, Disrupted 2020 will feature:
• Stan Grant
• A whole day of thought-provoking talks and panels
• Lots of great free children’s activities
• An amazing 30-minute sound and light projection show
• A WA super group playing two sets of purely WA hits
• A giant fireside yarn with Ron Bradfield Jnr
Why the State Library?
Our mission is so much more than just books. The State Library is about collecting, preserving and sharing our State’s stories and treasures. We are also about ideas and debate, which is why we run Disrupted and regularly host great talks. This Festival, like everything else we provide is FREE. Join the library online and find out all the free services you can access at your State Library
Why ‘A Better World’?
The COVID 19 Pandemic and the explosion of the Black Lives Matter movement have been the catalyst for optimism that real and positive change is a possibility. This may be our chance to help create a ‘Better World’. Disrupted speakers and panels will explore what a better world might look like through their eyes.
The Lester Inc is proud to provide Western Australia and the country with the opportunity to engage with the best of the artform in a format that puts both artists and community front-and-centre.
- Dates:Oct 31 - Nov 29
- Venue:Art Gallery WA, Brookfield Place and various locations in Perth CBD
- Hosted By:The Lester Inc
- Venue Address:Art Gallery WA, Brookfield Place and various locations in Perth CBD
- Ticket Price FROM:0
- Ticket price TO:$50
- Other:Lectures & Talks
- Event Venue:Art Gallery of WA,Yagan Square
- Art Exhibitions:Aboriginal,Drawing,Painting,Youth
- Type:Aboriginal Art & Events,Free,Youth Art / Performance
The Lester Prize is one of the country’s most prestigious fine art portrait prizes.
Our annual program includes: the Main Exhibition in AGWA’s historic Centenary Galleries; Awards Nights for both Adult and Youth finalists; guided tours; floor talks, workshops and live demonstrations; outdoor art pop up events around the city; a Community Outdoor Art Exhibition at the Perth Cultural Centre; and digital exhibitions showcased on the Big Screen at the Perth Cultural Centre, Northbridge Piazza, Yagan Square and the City of Perth Library.
The Lester Prize also conducts workshops with Starlight Livewire at Perth Children’s Hospital; aged care residents; and schools working towards making substantive and positive changes within their communities (with a particular focus on those who require additional support and have a high proportion of NESB and indigenous student populations).
- MAIN EXHIBITION | Art Gallery WA’s Centenary Galleries | 31 Oct — 29 Nov 2020
- YOUTH AWARDS EXHIBITION | Brookfield Place Tower 2 | 2 Nov — 27 Nov 2020
- SALON DES REFUSÉS | Outside Brookfield Tower 1 | 2 Nov — 27 Nov 2020
- OUTDOOR COMMUNITY EXHIBITION | Perth Cultural Centre | 31 Oct — 29 Nov 2020
- ON THE BIG SCREEN DISPLAYS | Various locations in Perth CBD | 31 Oct — 29 Nov 2020
- ST JOHN OF GOD HEALTH CARE TOURING EXHIBITION | Murdoch, Mt Lawley & Midland Hospitals | Dec 2020 — Feb 2021
For more information on our Adult & Youth Finalists' artworks, exhibitions and events (incl. ticketing) visit: www.lesterprize.com