Lectures & Talks in Perth
Perth is home to five universities, countless business, industry, political and community organisations providing access to talks and lectures from learned local and international renowned academics to outrageous hysterics. Until now, the content’s never been easy to find. We are working closely with the universities and other institutions to provide a one-stop shop. Don’t miss your chance to get your content first-hand!
- (08) 9200 5311
Perth Blood Institute regularly hosts "Another Bloody Breakfast!" events to give the community the opportunity to hear from a variety of speakers on topics related to blood disorders.
- Dates:Postponed to 2 Oct 2020
- Type:Talks & Lectures,Author Talks,Charity / Fundraising,Health,Well Being
- Event Venue:University Club of Western Australia
For the upcoming breakfast on Fri 2 Oct we have special guest, Professor Catherine Itsiopoulos, speaking on the Health Benefits of a Traditional Mediterranean Diet and Lifestyle.
Professor Catherine Itsiopoulos is Pro Vice Chancellor College of Science, Health, Engineering and Education at Murdoch University. An accredited practising dietitian and a recognised expert in Dietetics, Catherine has international standing as a leader in Mediterranean diet research. She has a particular interest in the Mediterranean diet in the prevention and management of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and diabetes.
Her specific research area of interest in Mediterranean diet studies focuses both on migration impact on diet and lifestyle and chronic disease risk and dietary clinical intervention trials using the traditional Cretan Mediterranean diet as intervention models in the prevention and management of metabolic syndrome, Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, depression and mood disorders.
As well as having the opportunity to hear Catherine speak, you will enjoy a themed breakfast in one of the exclusive dining rooms at the University Club of WA – specially designed for our event by Executive Chef Costa Simatos whose food is influenced by his Greek-Cypriot heritage.
Creativity is everyone's business, so come get amongst it in Margaret River this March, 25th-27th.
- Dates:Postponed indefinitely
- Venue:HEART Margaret River
- Festivals:All Festivals
- Hosted By:Emergence Creative
- Venue Address:47 Wallcliffe Road, Margaret River
- Type:Festivals,Music,Talks & Lectures,Technology,Winery Events
Dubbed the 'anti-conference', Australia's South West's own idea's fest is an influential celebration of creativity where ideas get off the ground. Held each year in the magical town of Margaret River, marketers, content-makers, innovators, futurists, leaders and artists across music, film, advertising, photography, digital, experiential and visual arts come to Emergence to collaborate and share knowledge in a unique brains trust. Whether it's ideas, inspiration, networking, industry insights or emerging trends you're after, The Emergence Creative Fesitval brings it all together in a wild few days.
This year's festival theme is 'Human Connection in a Post-Digital World,' the question being, is our digital attachment as consumers and businesses detaching us from human experience? Our keynotes and workshops will explore how we can harness the benefits of new tech, dodge the pitfalls and connect as people in a post-digital landscape.
Alongside many keynotes and hands-on workshops are satelite events and pop-ups that celebrate the beautiful region of Margaret River and allows you to network and connect with other like-minded individuals.
Check out our website, Facebook and Instagram for all the ticketing info, this years speakers and what we have in store for 2020.
- (08) 9206 1966
Transport yourselves back to the decade of neon, dance music and perms at Ashby's Back to the 80s Quiz Night!
- Dates:Aug 6
- Time(s):7.00pm to 10.00pm
- Venue:The Ashby Bar and Bistro
- Hosted By:The Ashby Bar and Bistro
- Venue Address:131 Pinjar Rd, Ashby WA 6065
- Type:Free,Talks & Lectures
FREE ENTRY but bookings are essential. Grab your teams of 2-8 and make a booking on (08) 9206 1966
20 artists x 20 organisations x 5 minutes to find your match!
- Dates:Aug 27
- Time(s):From 3:00pm
- Venue:Crew & King
- Hosted By:Community Arts Network
- Venue Address:825 Hay St, Perth WA 6000
- Ticket Price FROM:$10
- Ticket price TO:$20
- Type:Performing Arts,Talks & Lectures
- Event Venue:His Majesty's Theatre
- Performing Arts:Theatre
The Lester Inc is proud to provide Western Australia and the country with the opportunity to engage with the best of the artform in a format that puts both artists and community front-and-centre.
- Dates:Oct 31 - Nov 29
- Venue:Art Gallery WA, Brookfield Place and various locations in Perth CBD
- Hosted By:The Lester Inc
- Venue Address:Art Gallery WA, Brookfield Place and various locations in Perth CBD
- Ticket Price FROM:0
- Ticket price TO:$50
- Type:Aboriginal Art & Events,Art Exhibitions,Free,Talks & Lectures,Youth Art / Performance
- Event Venue:Art Gallery of WA,Yagan Square
- Art Exhibitions:Aboriginal,Drawing,Painting,Youth
The Lester Prize is one of the country’s most prestigious fine art portrait prizes.
Our annual program includes: the Main Exhibition in AGWA’s historic Centenary Galleries; Awards Nights for both Adult and Youth finalists; guided tours; floor talks, workshops and live demonstrations; outdoor art pop up events around the city; a Community Outdoor Art Exhibition at the Perth Cultural Centre; and digital exhibitions showcased on the Big Screen at the Perth Cultural Centre, Northbridge Piazza, Yagan Square and the City of Perth Library.
The Lester Prize also conducts workshops with Starlight Livewire at Perth Children’s Hospital; aged care residents; and schools working towards making substantive and positive changes within their communities (with a particular focus on those who require additional support and have a high proportion of NESB and indigenous student populations).
- MAIN EXHIBITION | Art Gallery WA’s Centenary Galleries | 31 Oct — 29 Nov 2020
- YOUTH AWARDS EXHIBITION | Brookfield Place Tower 2 | 2 Nov — 27 Nov 2020
- SALON DES REFUSÉS | Outside Brookfield Tower 1 | 2 Nov — 27 Nov 2020
- OUTDOOR COMMUNITY EXHIBITION | Perth Cultural Centre | 31 Oct — 29 Nov 2020
- ON THE BIG SCREEN DISPLAYS | Various locations in Perth CBD | 31 Oct — 29 Nov 2020
- ST JOHN OF GOD HEALTH CARE TOURING EXHIBITION | Murdoch, Mt Lawley & Midland Hospitals | Dec 2020 — Feb 2021
For more information on our Adult & Youth Finalists' artworks, exhibitions and events (incl. ticketing) visit: www.lesterprize.com