Lectures & Talks in Perth
Perth is home to five universities, countless business, industry, political and community organisations providing access to talks and lectures from learned local and international renowned academics to outrageous hysterics. Until now, the content’s never been easy to find. We are working closely with the universities and other institutions to provide a one-stop shop. Don’t miss your chance to get your content first-hand!
We may not be able to visit Bali at the moment but Writing WA is joining hands with our friends at the Ubud Writers & Readers Festival to bring a taste of the Festival to Perth!
- Dates:Nov 1
- Venue:The Rechabite
- Festivals:All Festivals
- Hosted By:Writing WA
- Venue Address:224 William St, Perth
- Ticket Price:Ticketing options from $7.50 - $29
- Ticket Price FROM:Individual Session: $7.50
- Ticket price TO:Afternoon Tickets + Catering Package: $29.00
- Other:Author Talks,Lectures & Talks,Literature,Writers Festivals
Kembali 20 Perth is a special afternoon of conversations with leading writers from Indonesia and Western Australia. The afternoon will consist of three sessions which will be presented simultaneously to audiences in Northbridge and Ubud.
Thanks to the chefs of The Rechabite, the afternoon also offers the possibility of sampling delicious Indonesian cuisine with a special ticket package that includes canapes and a complimentary drink.
- 9427 3111
A whole day of FREE talks, panels, music, fun and entertainment for all the family in the Perth Cultural Centre.
- Dates:Nov 7
- Venue:Perth Cultural Centre
- Festivals:All Festivals
- Hosted By:State Library of Western Australlia
- Venue Address:Perth Cultural Centre
- Ticket Price:FREE
- Type:Community,For Kids,Free
- Other:Author Talks,History,Lectures & Talks,Literature,Museum events,Technology,Writers Festivals
- Produced By:State Library of WA
- Event Venue:State Library of WA
Come to the Perth Cultural Centre on Saturday 7 November 2020 to enjoy a full day of FREE events and activities for the whole family.
Centred around the theme A Better World, the Festival will offer plenty to keep you entertained throughout the day and into the eventing.
There will be keynote presentations and Q&A sessions with Stan Grant and Griffin Longley. Thought provoking talks and panels debating topical issues. As well as plenty of music, shows and activities for the kids.
Everything is FREE, so why not come along and check it out!
More information at disrupted.slwa.wa.gov.au
- 0411 44 55 82
Join with us as we pay homage to those who have served our nation.
- Dates:Nov 11
- Time(s):4:30pm to 6:00pm
- Venue:ANZAC Cottage
- Hosted By:Friends of ANZAC Cottage Inc
- Venue Address:38 Kalgoorlie St, Mt Hawthorn
- Ticket Price:Free
- Other:Arts & Crafts,History,Lectures & Talks,Military,Museum events
Remembrance Day commemorates the signing of the Armistice on November 11, 1918, signalling the conclusion of hostilities in World War I. The signing occurred at 11am on the outskirts of Paris, and at that time it was 6pm in Western Australia. Because of this, the Friends of ANZAC Cottage has timed its Remembrance Day service to occur at sunset (beginning at 5:30pm) on November 11.
This year, given the current issues with the pandemic, the theme for Remembrance Day will be the 1918/1919 Spanish flu as it affected Australia. Prior to the service there will be poppy making for children, the opportunity to hear the ANZAC Cottage story, guided tours of the Cottage and the Field of Remembrance will be on display for you to add a cross for your service man or woman.
The Cottage, situated at 38 Kalgoorlie Street, Mount Hawthorn, will be open from 4:30pm to 6pm and entry is free. Afternoon tea will be available for a gold coin donation.
For more information, please contact Anne on email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lester Inc is proud to provide Western Australia and the country with the opportunity to engage with the best of the artform in a format that puts both artists and community front-and-centre.
- Dates:Oct 31 - Nov 29
- Venue:Art Gallery WA, Brookfield Place and various locations in Perth CBD
- Hosted By:The Lester Inc
- Venue Address:Art Gallery WA, Brookfield Place and various locations in Perth CBD
- Ticket Price FROM:0
- Ticket price TO:$50
- Other:Lectures & Talks
- Event Venue:Art Gallery of WA,Yagan Square
- Art Exhibitions:Aboriginal,Drawing,Painting,Youth
- Type:Aboriginal Art & Events,Free,Youth Art / Performance
The Lester Prize is one of the country’s most prestigious fine art portrait prizes.
Our annual program includes: the Main Exhibition in AGWA’s historic Centenary Galleries; Awards Nights for both Adult and Youth finalists; guided tours; floor talks, workshops and live demonstrations; outdoor art pop up events around the city; a Community Outdoor Art Exhibition at the Perth Cultural Centre; and digital exhibitions showcased on the Big Screen at the Perth Cultural Centre, Northbridge Piazza, Yagan Square and the City of Perth Library.
The Lester Prize also conducts workshops with Starlight Livewire at Perth Children’s Hospital; aged care residents; and schools working towards making substantive and positive changes within their communities (with a particular focus on those who require additional support and have a high proportion of NESB and indigenous student populations).
- MAIN EXHIBITION | Art Gallery WA’s Centenary Galleries | 31 Oct — 29 Nov 2020
- YOUTH AWARDS EXHIBITION | Brookfield Place Tower 2 | 2 Nov — 27 Nov 2020
- SALON DES REFUSÉS | Outside Brookfield Tower 1 | 2 Nov — 27 Nov 2020
- OUTDOOR COMMUNITY EXHIBITION | Perth Cultural Centre | 31 Oct — 29 Nov 2020
- ON THE BIG SCREEN DISPLAYS | Various locations in Perth CBD | 31 Oct — 29 Nov 2020
- ST JOHN OF GOD HEALTH CARE TOURING EXHIBITION | Murdoch, Mt Lawley & Midland Hospitals | Dec 2020 — Feb 2021
For more information on our Adult & Youth Finalists' artworks, exhibitions and events (incl. ticketing) visit: www.lesterprize.com